As the volume of data available to humanity has increased over the last decade, it has exposed a weakness in the way we as humans think. Humans are terrible at making decisions that rely on taking many variables into consideration. Scientists have suspected this for some time. As early as 1956, George Miller published a […]
SymphonyAI Sensa and SymphonyAI NetReveal have placed as category leaders in the most-recent Chartis Financial Crime Risk Management Systems: Watchlist Screening and Monitoring Solutions rankings.
A February 2023 article in the Leaders section of The Economist makes an impressive case that the West’s oil sanctions on Russia are not as effective as they’re made out to be. The publication notes that the sanctions are, in fact, the largest ever imposed on a single country. In addition to their complete import […]
(The byline says this was written by me. Not completely true. It was co-written with a generative AI platform. It took a fraction of the time these things usually take to write. I will use “I,” but it feels like “we” would be more appropriate. Anyway….) ________________ I’ve added the asterisk so as not to […]
Not all anti-money laundering and fraud solutions are created equal, and this has caused definite frustration among financial institutions. In fact, according to a 2019 study by Duffs & Phelps, 30% of institutions surveyed rate at least one of their AML components as being either “not at all” or only “somewhat” effective. Even though AI […]
Why has crypto adoption remained high in spite of heavy losses? Will the FTX bankruptcy lessen confidence in crypto, and will it compel regulators to clamp down harder? Our panel of experts continues its discussion of the future of financial crime detection as the worlds of fiat and cryptocurrencies converge. Watch here.
SensaAML won the 2022 Edison Gold Gold Award for innovation in the Data Security Solutions category. Shortly after, SymphonyAI Sensa CEO Simon Moss joined Edison podcaster Jennifer Trammell to discuss the win and to answer questions about how Sensa outperforms conventional monitoring systems in the detection of financial crime. Listen to the podcast here.
Human trafficking. Let’s call it what it really is. Slavery. Modern slavery victims are coerced to work for no money or false promises of debt repayment. Forced labor amounts to around 75% of human trafficking. Sex trafficking makes up the other 25%, yet it actually accounts for almost three quarters of total human trafficking profits […]
Trade-based money laundering goes largely undetected by traditional monitoring systems. Our white paper explains why and suggests processes to help protect your organization.
Not only is human trafficking a humanitarian crime, it is also largely funded by money laundering. Human trafficking generates about $150B a year in profits. In this ACFCS webinar, SymphonyAI Sensa CEO Simon Moss and The Knoble founder Ian Mitchell discuss the role financial institutions play in combating this heinous crime. Watch it here.